To inspire, nurture, develop and captivate our WhizzDancers in a structured yet fun, supportive, positive, creative environment with a view to encourage a life long love of dance, theatre and performance.
*COMING SOON STREET DANCE & WHIZZTHEATRICS, PLEASE CONTACT US TO REGISTER INTEREST!*
- Ballet, Modern, Jazz, & Tap children’s classes in Streatham
- Jazz & Tap classes adult’s classes in Streatham
- The opportunity to take Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance (ISTD) exams through our Streatham HQ classes visit website
- A biennial show to experience performing in a show that cultivate’s and facilitate’s a love of performing for our Streatham HQ WhizzDancers
- A dynamic and versatile range of workshops through our School Holiday Camp’s that invite industry professional’s to work with our WhizzDancers
- Dance parties for children from 3yrs+
- A range of Dance and Theatre WhizzCLUBS in London Primary schools to 100’s of children
- A tailored Primary School PE Through Dance and Movement scheme for KS1 using technical dance and topic based learning
Dance is popular physical skill to learn because it enhances and encourages co-ordination, body-awareness, spatial-awareness, fitness, flexibility, agility, posture and musicality. Dance is known to encourage kinaesthetic intelligence, leading children to a better understanding of their own unique, individual body.
The children of WhizzDance are given a structured environment in our class delivery. Along with the wonderful physical benefits of dance already mentioned, a structured environment delivers dance in its original environment, teaches discipline and develops focus and concentration. Gone are the days of the scary dance Teacher and we always strive for a positive environment to nurture our WhizzDancers that is fun to learn in. Our WhizzTeachers take a firm but fair approach to class behaviour management.
Many ex-dancers commend their dance background for giving them the skill set to; learn quickly, be flexible in thinking, try things again, be prepared, to work hard as an individual and to work well within a team. All of these skills are easily transferable to the non-dance workplace of the big wide world. It seems that adults who have experienced dance at a young age regardless of whether they continue with throughout their formative years, are more likely to have the confidence to take dance or dance based exercise classes (such as zumba and pilates) either for fitness or pleasure as an adult.
Going to a regular class allows children the chance to make new friends away from school. Although we treat each child as an individual, it is very important for dancers to learn to work within a group.
Our carefully selected WhizzTeachers make dance imaginative, clear and fun with their teaching methods!
At the end of the 12 week terms, (Autumn and Summer) our WhizzTeacher's will invite immediate family members of our WhizzDancers to come along to our Watching Week. We select material worked on throughout the term to present in a low key sharing. We are very keen to keep a relaxed, enjoyable, 'pressures off' vibe for the children to ensure that they are comfortable so will only select material we know the WhizzDancers will be comfortable sharing. We feel that the notion of constantly 'working towards a performance' can take the enjoyment and fun away from the children. Although most of the time the kids cannot wait to show their parents and friends what they have been working on each term!